Getting my sh*t together
So I’ve wanted to start consistently blogging for a while now.
…and by “for a while now” I mean I’ve been telling myself I’ll start for over 4 months.
For me, this post is going to be my starting point. My goal is to get a post up every Sunday (…even if it kills me) and see where it goes from there. I thought my first “proper” blog post should be something easy, a way for you to get to know a little bit about me and why I want to begin blogging.
7 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I’m a Leo. I wouldn’t say that I’m a “firm believer” in astrology, but I definitely believe there are some connections between a person’s sign and personality traits. If you look up the traits of a Leo, I would say most of them sum up my personality quite well.
- I’m a storyteller. Even when I was a little girl, I would force my younger sister to let me tell bedtime stories…and trust me, it’s really not as cute as it sounds. I probably forced this nighttime ritual on her until I was at least 14 years old. When my sister finally had enough, I turned to pen and paper, along with the occasional Word doc on my mom’s old laptop.
- I’m pretty blunt. If you ask for my thoughts on something, I’ll give you my honest opinion. Now this is both a good and a bad trait of mine. Ask any of my girlfriends who have come to me for advice on boys. It’s not always pretty.
- I love a good fun fact. This is pretty plain and simple, I just really like fun facts.
- I have a severe shoe obsession. While I love all things fashion, shoes hold a special place in my heart. I honestly couldn’t picture myself ever splurging on a luxury handbag or dress, but something about the perfect sparkly black Larissa 100’s from Jimmy Choo or a drop dead gorgeous cow print Vanelo from Manolo Blahnik just really speaks my language. While I don’t currently own any high end shoes, one of my life goals is to have the most fabulous shoe collection ever seen.
- I’m an outfit repeater. Sorry if this offends you, but I am. For example, the butterfly dress I’m wearing in the picture above is something I’ve owned for over 5 years…and I wear it ALL the time.
- I believe that beauty is important. Now hold on a sec and let me explain. What I mean by that is I am a firm believer that every single person is beautiful, and that they should be proud of what makes them as an individual unique. In a world where every good angle and pimple-free day is posted onto social media, it’s easy for us to pick ourselves apart for every teeny, tiny flaw we have. Now I’m no superhuman, but I try and challenge myself to write down two things that make me beautiful, everyday. And I hope you try and do the same!